Monday, October 1, 2007

NM definition part 3: Henry Jenkins

a) Based on Henry Jenkins' definition of New Media, I would think that my capstone project fits into most of his categories at least reasonably well. Innovative in particular comes to mind first, as being the most descriptive of my project. By combining what can be called "traditional" animation with an interactive element of computer-scienceness and merging them into one unique project, innovation should follow if the idea is solid.

Of all of his categories, Networked is probably the one that fits my project the least. It is currently taking shape as a sort of installation, a singular piece of work that is not "networked" with any other source directly in a traditional network sense.

b)Out of all of the definitions of New Media, I can say that I generally agree the most with Jenkins. This may be due in part to my opinion that it is the easiest to understand and fully comprehend, but I think he makes valid points on nearly all of his categories, and justifies them well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home